Create compelling digital programs for iconic brands that drive mass participation.
NeoCurrency | President
Los Angeles | 2016-present
Created a startup that delivers digital rewards for brands. NeoCurrency supplies brands and agencies with digital reward partnerships and technologies for contests, sweepstakes, games and loyalty programs.
The Marketing Store | Vice President, Digital Strategy
Chicago | 2003-2005, 2007-2015
Evolved from a digital guy to building businesses online. Started an interactive specialty from the ground up to an expertise in the agency that contributes over 50% of revenue. Led the agency’s digital marketing efforts with strategy and digital concept development. Supervised teams of digital strategists, producers, partner managers, designers & developers to create award-winning work.
LOYALTY & REWARDS
• My Coke Rewards: Led the rebranding of Coke’s loyalty platform that quadrupled membership to over 20 million members. Evolved the model from physical to digital fulfillment. Won the Colloquy Loyalty Innovation Award in 2011.
• L’Oréal Gold Rewards: Took a languishing loyalty program and tripled membership base in one year. Program now drives increased share and frequency of purchase among its 500,000 members. Colloquy Loyalty Award finalist in 2012.
• Apple: Designed a strategic framework for a future loyalty program initiative.
PROMOTIONS & GAMIFICATION
• McDonald’s Monopoly: Created the online, mobile and social game extensions for the world’s largest promotion. Grew from 800,000 players to over four million players with 73 million game plays. Negotiated with 16 partners to deliver the $30MM digital prize pool. Won over a dozen awards including Webby People’s Choice, W3 Best in Show, Promo Pro, Tempo Past Presidents’ and DMA Echo Awards.
• McDonald’s Avatarize Yourself: A social game to create your own avatar went global in a matter of days. Concepted and delivered the promotion for the McDonald’s partnership with Avatar that turned into a viral hit and drew over 10 million visitors around the world.
MOBILE & SOCIAL
• McDonald’s McD App: Mobile offers platform tested in 2,000 restaurants in 9 regions. iOS and Android apps allowed customers to receive deals based on their location and past purchasing history at McDonald’s. Over 2 million users in year one.
• Developed digital programs for Allstate, Electrolux, Eureka, Garrett Popcorn, Isis, Redbox, Shell, Symantec, Venetian and Verizon including affiliate marketing, email acquisition & retention, partnership negotiation, site redesign, and online contests, sweepstakes and games.
• Speaker at ANA Conference, AD:TECH NY and Digital Marketing Conference & Expo.
XM Asia Pacific | Regional Business Director
Singapore and Beijing | 2005-2006
Led the Nokia interactive business for the Asia-Pacific region, a multi-million dollar account with a team of 20 people.
• Nokia Asia Pacific: Helped Nokia evolve 11 Asia Pacific sites with over 3 million visitors per month into a database of high value customers. Developed innovative ways to acquire and engage visitors, including the first Bluetooth mobile video broadcast in Singapore.
chemistri (digital agency of Leo Burnett) | Senior Interactive Producer
Chicago | 1998-2003
Instrumental in growing company from a 6 person startup to a 75 person $12MM agency as a strategic architect behind award-winning work.
• Kellogg’s: Redesigned Kelloggs.com and produced EETandERN.com, the industry's first online loyalty program for kids. Generated over 1.2 million members and drove 23% higher share vs. non-members.
• Led online campaigns for Beef Council, Disney Cruise Lines, Hallmark Flowers, Heinz, IFIC, Kraft, Motorola, Procter & Gamble and Philip Morris.
Leo Burnett | Graphic Services Manager & Webmaster
Chicago | 1996-1998
Supervised an in-house print production and multimedia design team of six people, and produced Leo Burnett's first intranet and internet sites.
Master of Science, Advertising, University of Illinois, 1995
Bachelor of Science, Psychology, University of Illinois, 1994
Published a nationally-distributed comic book in high school and video game magazine in college. Competitive tennis player and avid traveller. Proposed at the Taj Mahal in India and married my wife three times in one year. Created a site for my son’s Liam’s travels at wheresliam.com.